Friday, April 20, 2012

Design Team Rejections (but free CCR files for you!)

Pin It
I decided during 2012 I wanted to try to enter some design team calls and submit some ideas to magazines just to see what would happen.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and it was a good challenge for me.  I'm surprisingly taking rejection well.  I was not chosen for the Jinger Adams design team (not surprised, her new designers are amazing), but I also was not chosen for the My Little Shoebox design team.  My Little Shoebox is a company that makes probably the cutest scrapbooking products ever.  Last year I won some of their products (their "Destinations" line), so I used these materials to make the three required projects- a card, a scrapbook page, and a project.

Here were my submissions:

 A "Road Trip" card with a pull tab
 which reveals a list of places to go.
"Life is about the Journey, not the Destination" layout.  The journaling tab was cut with the Cricut and Cricut Craft Room Basics.  Want the CCR file for the layered bracket?  You can download it here.  The journal tab reads, "Don't be so focused on the future.  Instead enjoy this moment.  Right here.  Right now.  THIS IS YOUR LIFE!"  I cut the journal tab out first, typed the journaling on the computer and printed it out to make sure it was the right size, then taped the cut journal tab onto the printed piece of paper and sent it through the printer again.  A cool tip I picked up somewhere, an essential one to me since I don't like my handwriting on my scrapbooking layouts.
 Some closeups
 Closeup of the banner

 A "suitcase" matchbox-style album I designed (themed for an imaginary NYC trip)
 which slides open to reveal
 an accordian style "album" with tags.
I really like the black city background on the fourth tab.  This was cut from the Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.  "Watch out NYC" was cut using Cricut Craft Room basics.  Want the CCR file for the city background and sentiment?  You can download it here.

Even though I didn't make the design team, I realy enjoyed making these.  I'm putting them in my Etsy shop in case you like them.  They're super cheap if you want a Binge Crafter original.  ;)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome crafts. Don't know why they'd reject. Do you have a ccr for a matchbox?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin