Monday, January 9, 2012

Baby Thank You Cards

Pin It

I love the idea of babies sending thank you cards.  I write my daughter's in first person from her point of view, an idea I stole from my sister-in-law.  I thought it was funny to have her make snide comments about me ("Thanks for the gift card to Toys R Us!  I wanted to use it to buy an XBox Kinect, but my mom bought diapers with it.  Figures."), but what I really enjoyed was making cute Thank You Cards.  Here are the first two baby thank you cards I made for her. 

Her first Thank You Card (I made the shapes with the George & Basic Shapes cartridge- the only one I had at the time.  I later upgraded to the baby carriage from the New Arrival cart that I use below.)


Her second Thank You Card (I made this using the New Arrival cartridge for the baby and Stretch Your Imagination for the present.)

So I wanted to make some baby gifts for some friends who just had a baby, and I thought cute Thank You cards were in order.  I would have made some monogram stationery like I'd made for my mom, but they were keeping the name a secret!  So instead I made these. 


Aren't they adorable?  I was really smitten with these, especially since they weren't really "me." (Far too elegant- my taste tends to be less fancy and much more like a 10 year old, as you can see from my two earlier cards.)  The pink and grey flower paper is from a K&Company pack I had used when making my mom's brag book.  I thought it was beautiful, but didn't really go with the other patterns I was using from the pack.  I actually used it to make this card a couple of months ago.

I used my new Cricut Expression 2 to cut out the carriage and card base, which are both from the New Arrival cartridge.  I embellished with some tiny pink satin ribbon and grey bling, both of which I'd gotten from AC Moore.  (They sell the rolls or ribbon on sale for 25 cents each and their sheets of bling are only $1.  Can't beat that.) The E2 made these sooo much easier to make.  I really like being able to see everything laid out on the screen and adjust to fit the paper size (these patterned sheets were 8 1/2" square, and I wanted to get as much use out of them as possible, since I only had 2 1/2!)  Unfortunately I eventually ran out of the paper, but I was able to make 4 of these and 4 cards using the "thank you" remnants from cutting this card and some matching carriages on an ivory background. 

Hopefully this will make their new baby's correspondence much easier.  Come back later in the week to see what else I made the new baby.  I love making baby gifts!!

7 comments:

  1. I love the card ideas! the carriage is extra cute!1 :)
    -Laura-Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How darling! I host a Monday link party and would love for you to join me with this adorable craft at http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-monday-11-link-up.html

    Wishing you a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Adorable! I found you through Lines Across my Face. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you on Tip Junkie! I would like to invite you to share this post with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card - i love the stroller - so cute! Stopping by from TT&J

    Amanda
    everycreativeendeavor.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet... I love the little baby crawling! I found you on Tatertots & Jello… I’m hosting a LOVE theme linky party. Would love it if you came by and linked up! http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com/2012/01/manic-monday-linky-party-2.html
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin