Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sympathy Card

Pin It
Every once in a while I have major crafter's block.  When one of my best friend's mom died, I definitely had one of these moments.  What do you say to someone at a time like this, especially someone you are so close to?  It may have been easier to go out and buy a card, but I really wanted to make one.  Here is what I made.


I found this lovely Colorbok paper pack at Target which was just the right colors. I had some plain cardstock to use for the base and for the bird's wings that worked quite well with the Colorbok paper. I borrowed the Give a Hoot Cricut cartridge from a friend to cut out the bird, which is usually holding a flower in its beak, but I replaced it with a leafy branch I punched out. I trimmed the flower and leaves on the bottom right out of the paper from the pack to use as an embellishment.  I printed the greeting on my computer.

While this is not the kind of crafting project I enjoy, I do feel that it turned out as I wanted it to.  I will say it is nice to take the time to try to really think about the other person and try to find some way to express your love and concern in a way that they will find meaningful as well.  I hope she finds it so.

post signature

6 comments:

  1. very pretty. i'm sure it will comfort your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could easily go to the store and buy a card but this one comes from your heart and soul. It says so much more than that store bought card! Nice job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Angela I was struggling with what to make for my friends family as Jill passed away a week ago Friday. I have give a hoot so will have a look at the images. I usually use my Sizzix Die of the dove but like the look of this card. I won't copy it but it has inspired me. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! It fits the situation well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card!!! :) She will love it (sorry for the circumstances that called for it, though)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet idea. I think sometimes, especially in hard times, it truly is the "thought." The fact that you made so much effort for her I'm sure was a huge encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin