Saturday, September 3, 2011

Strawberry Layouts

Pin It I went crazy one day at the park taking pictures of my daughter playing.  The light was great and we got so many happy pictures of her with both mom and dad.  So I ended up printing up 11 full size pictures of the outing, which was WAY too many for just one layout.  So I made two coordinating layouts.  I had already done a park-themed layout (check it out here), so instead I made this strawberry themed, since my daughter was wearing strawberry leggings in the pictures.  I was wearing a dark plum and she was wearing pink and red, so that's where the layout colors came from. 

I made the strawberries using the cricut and the Simply Charmed cartridge.  I may have gone a little overboard, but aren't they sooo cute?!


I cut the "berry sweet" from the cartridge as well.  To get more use out of my papers, I cut each in half then glued them onto plain white 12x12 sheets that came in the page protectors to make the first layout below.  To cover the seams on the left I used a strip of paper covered with strawberry ribbon and on the right I made a border using the die cut strawberries. 
On the second layout, I "scraplifted" the page on the left from this layout in the August 2011 edition of Scrapbooks Etc. and used a printout of a coloring sheet I found online of Strawberry Shortcake on a swing. 


I used coordinating papers on the right, as well as more strawberries, to tie the whole thing together.  In retrospect, I'm not crazy about the use of the white cardstock, but with the pictures in place it doesn't seem so bad. 
Thanks for looking!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Love your LOs! The strawberries are great. It seems like a lot but not really...it just flows nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layout!! I just love how you stacked the strawberries.. You should totally enter your Berry Sweet layout in my "Getting Scrappy Challenge".. There is a great prize up for grabs.. Here is the link if you're interested

    http://amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/09/getting-scrappy-challenge-16.html

    Scrappy Hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those strawberries. Great use of the sketch - I think I like your better :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin