Friday, April 22, 2011

A Day at the Park Layout

Pin It
This is actually a really old layout that I started ages ago & just got stuck on.  I knew the colors I wanted to use, and had the paper ready to go, but as far as embellishments I was just STUCK.  What do you call that?  Scrapblocked?  But then I got the Simply Charmed cartridge and was re-inspired!  I had been looking for some whimsical tree paper or embellishments, but hadn't been able to find any I liked.  I was looking for something like these from Picnik.


So when I got the Simply Charmed cricut cartridge at Joann's the other day, I immediately pulled out some of the American girl paper scraps I had left over from my daughter's birthday card and went to work!  The result was this:


I used some leftover purple stickers for the title as well as the George cartridge to cut out "park".  I used a white gel pen to add some texture to the plain colored cardstock I used for the hills and grass.  I also added a little "bling" to the flowers on the tree.  If you haven't discovered AC Moore's $1 section of bling, check it out!  The grass was cut from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge, then trimmed into smaller pieces. 

 I also cut out the sunshine from the Simply Charmed cartridge.
Here are some close-ups of my bottom borders.  I raised some of the grass and trees up using foam adhesive to make it a little more interesting and give it some depth.


I was really happy with the way this turned out.  I can't wait to cut out more with the Simply Charmed cartridge.  I'm also really happy that I finally used up some scraps!  I think we should have a use-up-your-scraps week in the crafting world.  Have you made anything lately using up your scraps?  Leave me a comment with a link so I can check out your projects too!

2 comments:

  1. very cute! Love the scrabooking ideas and tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Layout is beautiful. My husband calls scrapbooking "housewife cocaine." I thought of that when I saw the name of your blog. HA! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin